They had a virtual concert experience yesterday in Finland, when the concert of the Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli, who performed at the Nokia Arena...
Nokia 8.3 5G can be repaired without unlocking the bootloader04. 06. 2023 Sunday / By: Robert Denes / The key / Exact time: BST / Print this page
D uring the week, it appeared that Nokia Mobile had created and made available a flawed May security patch for Nokia 8.3 5G smartphones and unfortunately succeeded in damaging some devices by rendering them unusable. An early fix, in the form of unlocking the device's bootloader, was suggested by Hikari Calyx a few days ago. Now it looks like there is another fix in case someone doesn't want to jailbreak the bootloader.
This workaround requires knowledge of ADB/Fastboot commands, which includes full OTA sideloading of Android 10 in recovery mode to allow flash commands to work without unlocking the bootloader. This is followed by flashing the Android 12 firmware with the April patch, which will require at least 10GB of free storage. As I mentioned before, unlocking the bootloader solves this problem, but if you don't want to unlock the bootloader, then continue to follow the guide below.
1. Flash Android 10 full OTA package in Recovery Mode. Enter Recovery Mode using one of the two methods.
The phone will then boot directly into the Recovery menu.
- On the Fastboot screen, use the Volume button to select Recovery Mode, then the Power button to confirm. If you see the Android bot is lying, press the Volume Up button while holding the Power button to open the Recovery menu. We suggest users to use method 1 as many people don't know how to press this combination key.
2. Download this Android 10 full OTA package:https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota-api/package/627142c637bf373410e6b8911aeb9b2e65bd5969.zip
Chinese users who do not have access to the Google server can download it here:https://api.hikaricalyx.com/FileDownload/CTWorks?id=f427f5862b7749
3. Use the volume button to select "Apply update from ADB" and then the power button to confirm.
4. Execute this command to sideload Android 10 Full OTA to your phone:Mist:
You may see a downgrade not allowed message on the screen, but it will be installed anyway. Wait for the process to complete. If the process has stopped at 94% and says "adb: failed to read command: No error", this is to be expected.
5. Use volume key to select “Reboot to bootloader” and power key to confirm.
6. Download this package and extract it:
Keep at least 10,014 MB (approx. 10 GB) of free space.
7A. For Windows users, double-click “0_OpenMeToInstall.cmd” and wait for the process to complete. We only guarantee that it will work on Windows 10 and 11.
7B. For non-Windows users, or if you prefer to update the package manually, execute these commands. It is absolutely not recommended to use outdated Fastboot binaries (eg Minimal ADB and Fastboot).Mist:
8. Enjoy the completely revived Nokia 8.3 - and all your data should be safe.Via Link