Force Android 10 and above updates on Nokia
smartphones using a VPN trick
14. 05. 2020 Thursday / By: Robert Denes / Hacker / Exact time: BST
Print this page
If you’ve been waiting a long time for the Android 10 update and any other software updates to arrive on your Nokia Android smartphone and are available in other market (s), here’s a trick to help you get the updates. So by using a VPN, you can trick the software update system into downloading the update to your device, even if it is not yet available in your region.
Here are the steps you can take to download the latest updates.
1) First, install the VPN app from the Google Play Store, such as Proxy Master or Free VPN Master
2) Turn off the phone and remove the SIM cards
3) Turn on your phone, turn off WI-FI, open apps and notifications, and clear the cache and data for the following apps:
A. Google App
B. Google Framework
C. Google Play Services
D. Location Services
4) Restart the phone (turn it on and off)
5) Turn on WI-FI and launch the VPN application and select the country where the update is already available
6) Open the update and check. This last operation may need to be repeated several times if the first one may not have been successful.
This trick allows you to force an update to be installed on your smartphone that has not been reported a problem so far, but given regional differences, it is always advisable to wait for an OTA update for your region.